.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

FreeAlberta

This father/son blog is dedicated to the furtherance of the independence movement in Alberta. It has been made abundantly clear that Alberta is the victim of tyranny by the majority. There is no indication that this will ever change. It is time to leave, to go our separate ways. In this blog I will focus on issues relating to Alberta Independence such as why it is necessary, what an independent Alberta might look like and how we can go about forging our independence.

Thursday, July 14, 2005

A new Convert

On the fourth of July I was attending an Independence Day party. During the course of the evening I brought up the topic of Alberta Independence (seemed appropriate given what we were celebrating). As is usually the case, most of the people agreed that Alberta needs to separate. One of the guys in the group mentioned the fact that we had had the same discussion a year before at the very same party. This fellow stated that the year before he had come out strongly opposed to the idea. Now he is an ardent separatist. The events of the year had caused him to completely change his mind. My brother has also changed his mind on the issue. This seems to be a somewhat common phenomenon.

I wonder how many other Albertans have finally come around this year?

3 Comments:

At 7/16/2005 9:50 PM, Blogger The Olde Gaffer said...

My experience is similar. A year ago I had some sympathy for the idea of separation but thought it too radical. I am now convinced that there is no option. The Reform movement was successful to a degree (hounding/shaming the Liberals into becoming somewhat fiscally responsible - i.e balanced budget albeit on the shirt-tail of American economic expansion and free trade). Unfortunately it is now painfully apparent that the only possiblity of the Conservatives forming a federal government is by convincing Ontario that they are really Liberals.

 
At 8/05/2005 5:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Five years ago I was an ardently patriotic Canadian, three years ago I was a separatist but none of my friends were, one year ago two of my friends had separatist sentiments, and presently 5 or 6 do.

It would behoove the ROC to look back at how Alberta traditionally changes it's government. When the change comes it is rapid, radical, and overwhelming.

Jon

The Alberta PC's would be wise to consider that no party, having once had power then lost it, has EVER regained power in Alberta. To my mind their choice is clear, they can lead us to freedom, or they can get the hell out of the way.

 
At 8/05/2005 10:31 PM, Blogger younge whippersnapper said...

Hear, Hear! It seems to me that we are really starting to near the threshold of an explosion of support for the separation movement. Just from the feeling I've been getting online and with the people I talk with. Wake up PCs!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home