.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

FreeAlberta

This father/son blog is dedicated to the furtherance of the independence movement in Alberta. It has been made abundantly clear that Alberta is the victim of tyranny by the majority. There is no indication that this will ever change. It is time to leave, to go our separate ways. In this blog I will focus on issues relating to Alberta Independence such as why it is necessary, what an independent Alberta might look like and how we can go about forging our independence.

Tuesday, August 09, 2005

I'm already gone...

For a couple of days now I've been meaning to post something about our new G-G. But when it comes right down to actually writing my opinion about her, I find that I am completely unable to. It just feels as if it doesn't matter anymore. Sure her appointment is a slap in the face of Western Canada, sure she'll probably work tirelessly against Albertan values, sure we'll likely see all new records of wealth being destroyed by Rideau Hall... but I just can't get all that worked up about it. I'm already checked-out. As far as I'm concerned, all the clowns in Ottawa are as distant as any group of thugs running a Banana Republic somewhere. I'm an Albertan. I want to fight for a strong and free Alberta, not quibble about some new five-year-plan from the East that I can't change anyway! I don't care about whatever current deal-with-the-devil our PM is making to desperately hang onto his power. I don't even want to know what central values our opposition party is 'compromising' on in order to make Ontario think they are the Liberals. I just want out.

It's as if I'm already gone. (Who's with me?)

3 Comments:

At 8/09/2005 10:08 PM, Anonymous JackIsBack said...

Exactly how I feel!! This is why I haven't really engaged in the debate - it really doesn't matter to me and I can't do anything about it.

The GG is useless with no real power.

 
At 8/10/2005 9:39 AM, Blogger younge whippersnapper said...

Exactly.

Although almost entirely unrelated, your comment reminded me of my wife's grandfather. I was discussing the GG with him saying what a waste she is and how useless. He got all worked up, claiming that without the GG our government couldn't work! It made me laugh. I guess she still does give royal assent to bills... but when was the last time a GG didn't? Has it ever happened? There's got to be some political history buff out there who knows.

If it is true that the GG is the linchpin of the Canadian government, maybe some of the wacko, gun-toting separatists could take her hostage and force her to not sign any bill! hmm...

 
At 8/12/2005 7:22 PM, Blogger Candace said...

careful, you young whippersnapper, you're sounding downright seditious!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home